Friday, December 18, 2015

From the Sewer Main to the Fever Swamps




Sometimes I come across a comment on teh Interwebz that's so good, I have to steal it re-post it.

In response to Vox's post We're not radicals or extremists:

"You must cherish your extremists, not turn your backs on them, much less shoot at them. They provide the impetus for advancement; even if they go too far, at least they are going in the right direction."


Neanderserk weighed in:



Extreme?

Outside the stream.

Which stream?

The mainstream.

Of what does the mainstream consist?

Opinions.

Which are like assholes: everybody has one.

Ergo, the mainstream is society's open sewer main.

Its smell pervades the air; its pathogens the water.

Yes. I am outside that.

 Me too!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As vox day pointed out sometime this year on alphagameplan, the Critics of the fringe parrot the dinosaur media b/c they're easily influenced. They're a leaning wall to topple.

Many people I talk to who express an opinion on politics/current events got that view from watching the news and reading the newspaper. They're babyboomers who think that the media is actually somewhat of a watchdog. They may disagree with my statements but they don't mock.

My fellow millenials largely are distracted by the pursuits of youth. They're willing to go extreme, but usually Black Lives Matter and Bernie extreme.

Black Poison Soul said...

I'm def on the lunatic fringe.

Somehow I doubt that we'll ever be mainstream.

Must remember to keep my head outta the sewer, too. It screws with your mind.

Conan the Cimmerian said...

I'm normal as the day is long, just as Mrs. theCimmerian.

Are you on twitter my pineapple brother?
(see, racists can make racist nicknames against each other. in the good ol' days that meant camaraderie)

Victor F. Michaelson said...

Conan, I laughed at that. It reminded me of the America I grew up in, where guys could razz their buddies and it wasn't a Federal offense.

Keoni Galt said...

LOL @ pineapple brother!

When I get the time to do it (probably after Christmas), my next blog post will be related to this very topic.

Stay tuned, Paleface.

Mele Kalikimaka ya'all!