Friday, July 27, 2012

Tearing Up the Grass



It seems like the manosphere grows daily, with new bloggers starting up their own contributions to our exponentially expanding and evolving community.  It's beautiful to behold. One such new entrant to our fringes of teh interwebz is a commenter I first encountered over at Dalrock's, who goes by the moniker Rock Throwing Peasant. His blog, Feet and Knees Together, appears to be developing a niche that heretofore has been relatively unexplored in these parts: "red pill" parenting. 


Reading his posts about taking the red pill and how it applies to raising his sons inspired me to get off my ass and write something for the Spearhead again (it's been awhile). Pay a visit to Rock Throwing Peasants blog and give him some comments and support, he's got some good stuff.

Then please head on over to The Spearhead and see my first attempt at how discovering the red pill has influenced my own journey into this thing called Parenthood. It starts with a favorite recollection by the late, great Hall of Fame baseball player, Harmon Killebrew:

My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, “You’re tearing up the grass.” “We’re not raising grass,” Dad would reply. “We’re raising boys.” 


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello keoni, i just read your post. do you know of any blogs that talk about raising a girl, in a red pill sort of way?

FNG said...

I'd like to second anon at 12:16. I know deti wrote a killer speach for his daughters. Was wondering if there is more. Thanks

RTP said...

keoni,
Thanks for the kind words. The blog is still in its infancy and I'm going through some growing pains with it.

I am steering clear of topic related to raising girls because, well, I don't have any and don't presume to know how to raise them. Truth is, if someone is raising girls and wanted to contribute, I'd open the site up.

Keoni G said...

Anons...I'm new at this parenting thing myself, I don't have all the answers. But if you want a blog that discusses raising girls specifically, I would say have a look at Athol Kay's archives. He's got a ton of posts about his perspective on raising daughters (he's got 2).

RTP - In my perspective, you really don't need to be gender specific, but rather, understanding your own self and how you can be a positive masculine influence on your children is the only real answer for any parents looking for advice on how to raise their kids.

In other words, if you're a woman, figure out how to role model the most positive attitude, demeanor and "aura" of femininity, and for men, the same goes for masculinity.

Much of raising children is basically how you live your life. The conscious and deliberate things you try to teach your kids is only a small fraction of what they are going to learn from you.

They are going to learn by your living example more than anything else. The things you do without thought. Your habits, your proclivities, your reactions to everyting that life throws at you. How YOU deal with these things is the kind of behavior you are modeling for your child, boy or girl, that they are going to emulate and internalize as they grow up.

That's just my humble opinion.

Anyhow, please keep going. The best thing about the "manosphere" is the way in which so many different perspectives add to greater understanding about these areas of interest we all share.

Giovanni Dannato said...

Mr. Galt,

You already liked my Heretic blog enough to put it on your feed.

You might check out my latest addition to the manosphere, Forward Base B(linked to from my name here). I teamed up with one of my regular commenters on 6 Heretic's Way and started up a feed of links, news, and opinion pieces.

I've spent the last few years putting forward my arguments and honestly cannot say if I've persuaded anyone who already disagreed with my views.

This is why I've turned to running an information source that pre-supposes my biases.
I'm testing whether this might be a better way of disseminating a manospheric, red pill point of view.

Reception has been good so far, especially since we got added by Delusion Damage. I hope to add writers to the feed over time and keep growing the operation.